While each Mommy Makeover consultation with a surgeon will be different, they all should retain the relatively same elements. It’s imperative that when you leave a consultation, you are informed and connected. Your mommy makeover surgeon is more than just the doctor who performs your procedure--he is the person in whom you entrust your life and who holds the key to your future happiness. Hence, you want to make sure you feel connected with him at the end of your consult.
Dr. Rahban’s consultation process is his most cherished time with his patients. It gives him the opportunity to educate and inform. As a veteran of plastic surgery, Dr. Rahban knows that patients may be confused by the overwhelming amount of data in the cosmetic industry. He considers it his duty to provide this data, allowing his patients to completely understand exactly what will happen during their procedure. He provides accurate expectations and fully involves each patient in their own journey. As his patients will report, a consultation with Dr. Rahban helps to clarify the diluted and complicated world of plastic surgery.
On average, his consultation will take upward of an hour, indicative of his commitment to educating each patient. If your consultation is either extremely brief or with anyone other than your surgeon, be wary as that is probably reflective of the care you will receive during surgery.
During his consultation, Dr. Rahban takes several crucial steps:
- As an initial step, Dr. Rahban learns about your cosmetic objectives. Through your entire Mommy Makeover journey, these objectives are kept firmly in mind, helping ensure total satisfaction with your results. After all, the goal is your satisfaction and confidence. Plastic surgery is all about what you are trying to accomplish. Just because a surgeon likes a result, it does not mean you will like it. In all plastic surgery, you are the unique element in the equation.
- Dr. Rahban performs an examination. Through this examination, he gathers data regarding your anatomy, as well as what your body has been through after pregnancy and childbirth. This information is helpful to patients, as it allows them to fully understand the current state of their body, which in turn puts them in better control over finding a resolution.
- Next, Dr. Rahban lays out treatment options. This part of the consultation is extremely thorough and informative. He will cover any breast enhancement necessary, as well as tummy tuck options. Additionally, he will go over any other rejuvenating procedure he feels will be beneficial.
- During this phase of the consultation, it’s important for patients to know that Dr. Rahban is firmly opposed to unnecessary surgery. As a plastic surgeon, he delivers his work with a purpose. In fact, if a patient does not need surgery, Dr. Rahban will recommend that no treatment be performed at that time. With this in mind, you can rest assured that any recommendations are made with his full confidence that the procedure is correct for you.
- Once all options have been put forth, you and Dr. Rahban will take all the time necessary to agree upon an exact treatment plan. This includes browsing before and after photos that show your approximate results, along with discussion of breast size, tummy tuck incisions, and every other aspect of a Mommy Makeover. In addition to expectations, it is crucial for him to review limitations. He feels that your happiness is contingent on your expectations, and he feels firmly about setting realistic expectations. Hence, he will be very thorough in describing your limitations based on your anatomy and goals.
- Finally, in the interest of helping his patients fully understand the procedure, Dr. Rahban will take this opportunity to review all potential risks. While some risks are quite unlikely, he still wants his patients to be aware of the potential downsides of a Mommy Makeover. All surgeries come with risks. Therefore, he believes the only time to engage in surgery is if the benefits far outweigh the risks. If you will only have a mild improvement, Dr. Rahban will most definitely recommend you do not undergo the procedure. He feels that when the surgeon & patients are both on the absolutely same page, they can work together to bring out beautiful results to produce one of the best mommy makeovers Beverly Hills has to offer.
During a consultation, Dr. Rahban has one primary purpose—total patient education. He wants each patient to fully understand the nuances of Mommy Makeovers, as well as every risk and exactly how the procedure applies to them, allowing them to make the best decision for themselves. With his honest, candid approach, Dr. Rahban brings a new level of care to ensuring his patients know exactly how a Mommy Makeover works.