The Mommy Makeover Procedure
After giving birth, it is common for women to feel unhappy about how pregnancy and childbirth has altered their bodies. At our Beverly Hills practice, we believe motherhood shouldn’t mean giving up feeling young, confident, and sexy. Arguably the best mommy makeover Los Angeles has to offer, we provide an excellent way to rejuvenate and restore your youthful figure, and find Beauty After Baby.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Reese Witherspoon. Heidi Klum. Uma Thurman. Angelina Jolie. Besides being famous for being beautiful women and talented performers, these actresses have something else in common: they dropped their baby weight in record time after having children. What else do they have in common? Nutritionists, personal trainers and a team of people whipping them into shape. Not everyone has the time to spend hours each day with a trainer, or at the gym to restore a pre-baby figure. With one of the top mommy makeovers Beverly Hills has available, you have an excellent option for achieving Beauty After Baby, and getting back that attractive, youthful appearance.
A mommy makeover is a set of cosmetic procedures chosen to enhance your figure after having children. Dr. Rahban will advise you which cosmetic surgeries will resolve the dissatisfaction you are experiencing with your post-baby body.
Body Concerns Your Mommy Makeover Will Address
There are many, many body concerns or trouble areas your mommy makeover can address. The most popular reasons women choose mommy makeovers include:
- Flabby, excess, or loose skin
- Stretch marks on the lower abdomen
- Sagging, droopy breasts
- Loose abdominal muscles
- Fat deposits in areas such as the abdomen, arms, buttocks, and thighs
- Changes to the pubic region (enlarged, sagging, etc.)
Common Cosmetic Procedures in a Mommy Makeover
There are several cosmetic procedures that may be included in a customized mommy makeover. Which are best for you depends on your unique figure and your personal aesthetic goals. Here are the procedures most commonly included in a mommy makeover:
- Breast Enhancement: This procedure includes lifting your breasts to a higher, more youthful position, re-shaping the breasts, boosting the volume of breasts if they diminished and now appear deflated or saggy. Every enhancement or breast lift after pregnancyis carefully performed to complement and balance your figure. Some prefer to do just a lift, but many also opt for a breast augmentation after pregnancy as well.
- Liposuction After Pregnancy: Liposuction is a procedure that addresses unwanted fat deposits that exercise and diet cannot resolve, such as the abdomen, double chin, love handles, on the hips, thighs, or other body area that needs to be trimmed and slimmed.
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy: The tummy tuck procedure tightens abdominal muscles, removes excess fat, and tightens any excess skin to give a tighter, more youthful appearance to the abdomen after pregnancy has stretched muscles and skin.
- Pubic Area Restoration: If your pubic area has been impacted, and stretched, enlarged, or saggy, this can be resolved as part of your labiaplasty mommy makeover.
Is a Mommy Makeover the Right Choice for Me?
If you've found that no matter how religiously you diet and exercise there are still areas of your body that make you unhappy or feel less than attractive, a mommy makeover might be a good option for you. To find out if a mommy makeover will give you Beauty After Baby, contact our office for a thorough physical examination and a comprehensive evaluation of your condition.
During your consultation, Dr. Rahban will assess your general health, review your medical history, and discuss your personal aesthetic goals. Together, you and your doctor will evaluate whether a mommy makeover is the right procedure to help you achieve what you envision – a pre-baby body that appears tight, slim, and youthful.
What If I Don't Have Children?
A mommy makeover isn't just for moms. The procedures in a mommy makeover are a wonderful option for any woman who is dissatisfied with the reflection in the mirror. The effects of aging, diet, or not having available time to devote to exercise can leave you not looking or feeling your best. A mommy makeover can help you realize your aesthetic goals by rejuvenating several body areas.
How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
Unfortunately, there is no way to provide a full estimate of what a mommy makeover will cost, as this is a customized treatment, based upon the number of areas of your body that will be treated in the procedures. Contact our Beverly Hills office today to schedule a consultation that will include discussing the cost of your treatment, and the various payment options available.
Your Mommy Makeover Procedure
During your consultation with Dr. Rahban, you will have a treatment plan specifically designed to improve the appearance of the areas needing cosmetic treatment. The mommy makeover procedures are performed on an out-patient basis. You will be able to return home the same day as your surgery. You'll come in for your procedure in the morning and sleep in your own bed that night. Ensure you have help for the first few days after your treatment.
After Your Mommy Makeover Surgery
Your first post-operative appointment takes place the day after your mommy makeover surgery. During this visit, your doctor will carefully evaluate your condition, and is open to answering any questions that have arisen about your post-operative care.
Regular follow-up visits are important for the healing process to proceed smoothly. The most vital aspect of the early stages of recovery is to rest. Remember that a mommy makeover is surgery. Your body will need a couple weeks off to heal and recover. You will need to avoid any strenuous activity for several weeks so that your incisions can heal correctly.
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
The procedures that will be part of your treatment will be tailored for your unique aesthetic needs in order to obtain the best mommy makeover Beverly Hills can offer. If you would like to enhance the appearance of your breasts, or restore the slimmer profile of your pre-pregnancy body, a mommy makeover is an effective method of achieving Beauty After Baby. There are many benefits of a mommy makeover, including the following:
- Convenience (having multiple cosmetic surgeries in a day means just one period of recovery)
- Improves the appearance of saggy, droopy breasts that changed in appearance after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Addressing the issue of excess fat on various areas of the body.
- Smoothing sagging skin
- Tightening abdominal muscles
- Combining costs of surgical treatments saves money on medical expenses such as anesthesia and operating room expenses
- Giving you a refreshed, youthful appearance in a single day of surgery
Get Your New Body Today
Running, yoga, Pilates, cardio or any other exercise for staying fit are foundational to good health. But, unfortunately, even the best workouts might not address problem areas that came about from the changes of pregnancy and childbirth. Restoring a more youthful profile, as you had prior to pregnancy, starts with scheduling a consultation with Dr. Rahban. Beauty After Baby is achievable, and in your consultation, we will provide you with honest, realistic expectations about the outcome to expect from a mommy makeover. Contact our Beverly Hills office today to schedule an appointment and find out about a mommy makeover, and what it can do for you.
Mommy Makeover Pre and Post-Op Instructions
As the name implies, a mommy makeover surgically addressing any changes to your body after pregnancy and childbirth. A mommy makeover is a combination of several cosmetic surgery procedures that enable women to have Beauty After Baby. This is done by re-shaping your figure though removing fat, eliminating excess skin, rejuvenating your breasts and sculpting your abdomen, as well as the pubic area when needed.
Preparing for Mommy Makeover Surgery
Getting ready for your life-changing mommy makeover session begins well before your surgery date. Below is a timeline of how to best prepare for your mommy makeover.
Four Weeks Before Surgery
- If you are a smoker, it's recommended that patients stop all tobacco use (smoking makes it difficult for the body to heal).
- Start making arrangement for assistance. Surgery will leave you feeling groggy and in need of help for several days. Plan ahead with loved ones or friends as you will need this support.
Two Weeks Before Surgery
- Patients need to stop taking any diet pills or herbal medications (to reduce complication risks from surgery). Some medications can interfere with blood clotting and cause major issues with post-surgery healing. Discuss all herbal remedies, vitamins, and medications you are taking with your surgeon, and ensure you stop taking any that our surgeon asks you to.
The Week of Your Surgery
- Any prescriptions taken must be approved by your surgeon in advance.
- Make sure you have the area in which you will recover supplied with all you will need to stay comfortable during your recovery period (such as extra pillows, books, laptop, etc.)
The Day of Your Surgery
- On the big day, you will need to have avoided eating or drinking since midnight of the previous day.
- The only medications patients should take are those approved by the surgeon.
- Leave your jewelry at home.
- Bring comfortable, loose-fitting clothes to wear on the way home.
Common Mommy Makeover Side Effects
Your mommy makeover is surgery. As with any surgery, the following side effects can be expected:
- Discomfort and soreness
- Treatment area redness
- Fatigue and grogginess
While these side effects vary from patient to patient, your pain and discomfort after surgery is easily managed with prescription medication, by carefully following your post-op instructions, and by focusing upon getting plenty of rest, and only minimal exercise, such as a gentle walk. Avoid any activities that may stretch or pull on the incisions, such as bending, lifting, or stretching.
Post-Operative Activities to Avoid After Your Mommy Makeover
Getting enough rest is difficult for many moms. This is why we advise that you have plenty of help to assist in caring for your children during the early days of recovery. You will need to avoid these activities after your mommy makeover:
- Exercise (including cardio)
- Bending at the waist
- Heavy lifting
- Using hot tubs/taking baths/visiting saunas or spas
In the days after your mommy makeover procedure, your focus should be on resting and making a complete, speedy recovery. The way this is best achieved is to keep as little stress as possible on your new body as it goes through the natural healing process.
Follow Up Visits to Maintain Beauty After Baby
Your first follow-up visit will take place soon after your mommy makeover surgery. Depending upon how your body is healing, you may have additional follow-up appointments. Within a few short weeks, you will be able to clearly see the difference – and begin the joyful experience of beauty after baby.
Mommy Makeovers Consist of What?
A mommy makeover is a set of cosmetic surgical procedures customized to enhance your figure after pregnancy and childbirth have taken a toll. While many cosmetic procedures can be part of a mommy makeover, you have a unique physiology, and various body areas that you may want to resolve. These are some of the standard surgical procedures that are often included in the process:
- Breast Enhancement: Lifting breasts to a more youthful looking position, improving the shape of the breasts, boosting breast volume, or reducing breast size to complement your proportions.
- Liposuction: Address trouble areas where fat lingers, including the abdomen, “love handles,” the thighs or other area that was left with unsightly fatty deposits.
- Tummy Tuck: This procedure doesn’t just address loose skin; it tightens the abdominal muscles, repairing the damage from stretching, removes excess fat, and tightens any drooping extra skin. Stretch marks lower on the abdomen are often in the area of the skin treated, reducing the appearance stretch marks significantly. Your tummy, once you have recovered, will have a smooth contour and a toned appearance.
- Pubic Restoration: The pubic area may have a sagging appearance, or the labia have stretched and enlarged, and this can be rejuvenated and restored to the pre-baby condition.
Am I Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
To determine if you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover will require a thorough exam, a review of your medical history, and a careful evaluation of the areas of your body that need cosmetic surgical improvement. All these will go into deciding whether a mommy makeover is the best option for you. If you are generally in good health, and are at a stable weight, it is likely that a mommy makeover will solve the problems you are living with after baby.
Is it Safe to Combine Procedures in a Mommy Makeover?
Yes, it is very safe. Patient safety and comfort are always the top priority for our dedicated, professional staff. Our state-of-the-art out-patient surgery center has advanced equipment, and every member of our surgical team is trained to follow the most stringent safety protocols.
Are There Benefits to Combining Mommy Makeover Procedures?
- Convenience: When you complete several cosmetic surgical procedures in a single session, you have only a single recovery period.
- Savings: combining several cosmetic surgical treatments saves on the costs of items such as anesthesia and operating room expenses.
- Transformation: Treating multiple "problem areas" in one day can have an immense emotional impact – you will have a “brand new you.”
Is a Mommy Makeover a Good Option Even If I Haven't Had Children?
Yes, it is a wonderful option for anyone who isn't satisfied with their body appearance. If your attempts at diet and exercise haven't given you the results you envisioned, or significant weight loss has left you with saggy skin, fat deposits, or drooping breasts, a mommy makeover can be the way to realize your specific aesthetic goals.
How Long Does a Mommy Makeover Take?
Depending on the cosmetic surgeries needed, your mommy makeover may take between 3 to 6 hours. Our office advises that you must have a family or friend to care for you and assist you for the first 48 hours after your mommy makeover procedures. As you have had several surgical procedures (in many cases), your body needs to rest and heal.
What is the Recovery Time after a Mommy Makeover?
Depending on the procedures you have performed, mommy makeover recovery usually lasts between 2 to 6 weeks. Most patients are able to return to work with 2 to 3 weeks after surgery. The full results of the surgery will be
How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
The cost of achieving Beauty After Baby depends on the customized set of procedures necessary for your top Los Angeles mommy makeover. The only way to estimate the cost of your mommy makeover is to schedule a consultation and get the answers you need. The cost of your mommy makeover will depend on the following:
- Which surgeries are needed to get the results you envision;
- The cost of breast implants (if required);
- The costs associated with anesthesia and post-operative care.
How Long Will My Mommy Makeover Results Last?
With healthy eating, regular exercise, avoiding smoking, and staying out of damaging sunrays, the results of your mommy makeover will last for years. By effectively maintaining your weight and positive health habits, expect to enjoy your new figure and years of Beauty After Baby.